NMC Eligibility Criteria for International Nurses
The eligibility criteria for international nurses who want to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) in the UK:
- Have a nursing qualification that is recognized by the NMC. You can check if your qualification is recognized by the NMC on their website.
- Have a good level of English. You can demonstrate your English language proficiency by taking an approved English language test. The NMC accepts the IELTS Academic and OET exams.
- Have at least one year of recent practice as a nurse.
- Pass the Test of Competence (ToC). The ToC is a two-part exam that tests your knowledge and skills as a nurse.
You can find more information about the eligibility criteria for international nurses on the NMC website: https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/joining-the-register/register-nurse-midwife/trained-outside-uk/
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when applying to register with the NMC as an international nurse:
- You will need to pay the application fee.
- You will need to provide evidence of your qualifications and experience.
- You may need to provide a criminal record check.
The process of registering with the NMC can take several months, so it is important to start the process early. If you have any questions, you can contact the NMC for assistance.